Saturday, January 14, 2012

Your Greatest Fear

Hola mi gente,
My first week at my new job was better than I could have hoped. You know, there’s always a measure of anxiety when starting over new. There are the concerns over the supervision: will it be micro-managed oppression or supportive leadership? And what of the organizational culture: combative competitiveness or mutually respectful camaraderie -- the feeling of shared adversity and kinship.

Of course, no place is perfect, but there are varying degrees of organizational function/ dysfunction…

I am happy to say that I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the welcome extended to me at my new job. It’s a smaller shop than I am accustomed to, but throughout my first week, almost everyone of my colleagues made it their business to come to me and extend a personal and warm welcome. My impression is that I am at a place where I will be challenged, but in a supportive way and that the relationship will be a mutually beneficial one.

I also have come to the realization that I tend to underestimate my estimation, that there are people in the field who know of me or my work.

I used to have a printed/ framed version of the following in my office. The last year or so has reminded me of its truth…
* * *

Our Greatest Fear

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

from A Return to Love by Marianne Williamson

* * *

My name is Eddie and I’m in recovery from civilization…

2 comments:

  1. Hi my loved one! I wish to say that this post is amazing, nice written and come with almost all vital infos. I'd like to see more posts like this .
    Watermark 140-0.9 Red Bathroom Accessories Extended Shaving Mirror

    ReplyDelete
  2. These procedures are usually essential in evaluating the patients' progress as they continue with the therapy. Your talents can also be of use in rehabilitation centers. Insurance companies also demand certification and in that case the individual is considered disqualified from engaging in clinical practice if not certified.
    Also see my website :: self help books on depression

    ReplyDelete

What say you?

Headlines

[un]Common Sense