Thursday, September 25, 2008

There's No Crying (or Time Outs) in Baseball

¡Hola! Everybody…
JaysusfuckinCherist! Is that Palin skank stupid or what?!! Even Laura Bush called her a dumb c*&t! LOL! I almost wish she would be VP, just for the comedic effect.

SMDH

As is usual on Thursdays, I will be gone all day today.

* * *

-=[ There’s No Time Out in the ‘Hood and in Presidential Elections ]=-

“Character is not made in a crisis it is only exhibited.”

-- Robert Freeman

I once received a threatening phone call from an irate husband because his wife and I were doing the horizontal mambo. His exact words were, “Watch your back, because I know where you live.”

Now, I have this thing with threats. I just can’t abide by them -- it’s a button-pusher for me, yanno? So I hung up the phone and immediately went to his house (after all, I definitely knew where he lived cuz I had been there several times).

I knocked and as soon as he opened the door, I didn’t let him say anything, I didn’t say anything, I just punched him in the nose with all my might. That kinda shocked him and while he was recuperating from the violence of the punch and the shock of all that blood, I grabbed him by the neck, dragged him out to his front lawn and proceeded to kick his ass like an unwanted stepchild.

At the time, this was a pretty decent neighborhood near Brooklyn’s Highland Park. It was a sunny Sunday afternoon and my arriving with all this violence caused quite a stir. However, I wasn’t going to let Joe Neckbone off the hook because 1) he was a lot bigger than me, and 2) why he had to threaten me?!!

Anyway, by the time he was able to get to his feet, I had busted his nose, cracked one of his molars, and by the looks of his labored breathing, his ribs weren’t doing too well. He gets to his feet and you know what he does?

He does the “time out” signal with his hands and asks for a “time out”!!! Ma’fucca! There’s no crying in baseball and no time out in street fighting!

I slapped him around a few more times, then I just felt bad about the whole thing, and walked away (the shite called the police on me!). By the way, at that time, I was weighing about 130 lbs soaking wet and in the throes of the worst part of my active addiction.

I don’t say all this to brag. In fact, I am not proud of my actions that day. I’m not proud of screwing another man’s wife (though she was foine!). I’m not proud of resorting to violence to handle my affairs, or the harm I caused this individual. I will be the first to admit that at the time I was living foul.

I bring it up because yesterday, one of the presidential did the equivalent of calling a “time out” in the midst of a hard-fought fight. I think it speaks volumes of McCain’s lack of character that he would attempt to opt out of the democratic process using a crisis as an excuse. It’s not about being a coward as much as it is about having the right character and the temperament to lead.

What would he do if another opponent had him on the ropes? Would he call a “time out”? Would he call a “time out” on our constitutional freedoms if the shite hit the fan? Sorry folks, we have to shred the constitution cause I can’t respond to a crisis and protect our freedoms at the same time.

Wait! That already happened! It’s called the Patriot Act!

Obama and others put it best when they observed that now, more than ever, is when the American people need to hear what these two men have to offer in terms of this financial meltdown. I actually think having McCain and Obama thrust into the process of hammering out a solution to this financial meltdown would be counterproductive. In any case, we all know the reason for McCain’s attempt to slink away from confronting his opponent, right? Ma’fucca! there ain’t no crying in baseball and no time out in street fights and presidential politics! Grow a pair, dammit, or borrow Palin’s! LOL

On a more serious note, this is what’s known in my profession as avoidance behavior. It’s a lot like your kid all of sudden getting a tummy ache on the day he has to take a test he didn’t prepare for. This is not the hallmark of a leader.

Love,

Eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?

Headlines

[un]Common Sense