Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Roads of Hell...

¡Hola! Everybody... So! I went to dinner at this young lady’s home and some of her family was there. Her lovely seven-year-old daughter was there along with her mother. Her mother is younger than I am (but I look younger. Kidding!). Anyway, her mother is quite an attractive woman and that got me to thinking... I’ve never...

Never Mind! LOL

I didn’t stay long, but my friend insisted on seeing me to the door where she planted on soft kiss on my lips. I kissed her back and grabbed that ass, which shocked her, but she laughed and playfully punched me on my shoulder...

To be continued (but not here )...

Later, I met up with some friends and after doing some service, we hung out. Life is good.

* * *

-=[ Intelligent Compassion ]=-

“A deaf husband and a blind wife are always a happy couple.”

-- proverb


If we use the metaphor of a beautiful dove to symbolize compassion then its wings must surely be wisdom. Compassion without wisdom is dangerous.

It’s like that comedic where he thinks he’s performed a good deed for the day by guiding an elderly lady across the street. The trouble being that she didn’t want to cross the street in the first place; she then pummels the man with her umbrella. LOL

However, that skit speaks to the truth about the way many of us view compassion. The trouble being that we too often assume that know what’s good for another person.

I have a close friend that I don’t see too often these days, which is sad. But I just need to stay away from him for my own sanity. You see, for the past two years, he’s been hanging out with a bunch of “Born Againers” and I have found that the more he reads “scripture” the more intolerant he becomes. He’s quick to judgment and if you walk down the street with him, he begins pointing out what he perceives as people’s shortcomings. When I point out that his behavior isn’t very spiritual, he catches himself and tries to put a cover on it, but it’s there -- the judging. The sad part is that all this scripture reading hasn’t done much for his issues of lust and manipulating for sex (something he has struggled with for years). He tells me that it has been suggested to him that when he notices lust rise within him, that he should take out his bible and read passages from it. He became angry with me when I informed him of case histories of sexually motivated serial killers who used the same strategy. LOL!

I can deal with all that, but I can’t abide his steadfast, immovable belief that one can spiritually evolve only if that person accepts Jesus as his savior. I always respond with, “Fuck Jesus” and that usually stops his bullshit.

But I see this tendency to assume in a lot of people. We do this in our relationships -- especially our romantic relationships. We meet someone and no sooner that we begin a relationship, we want to change the other person because we seem to think we know best. It seems we always know what’s good for the other person when half the time we don’t even know what’s good for us. Come with a problem and everybody and their mother has an opinion or advice. Advice is dis-empowering -- it takes away from a person’s ability to find solutions for themselves. And half the time, you don’t know what the fock you’re talking about and if you did, you would know that advice is probably the worst thing you can offer a person.

I recently saw a special on this relatively new and inexpensive procedure that restores full hearing in people who are born deaf. I think we all would assume that everyone born deaf would want this. Well, a young man whose hearing was restored was so angry and upset at this parents and doctor. You see, no one asked him if he wanted to hear. Now he had to endure this torment of noise that he could make little sense of. He never wanted to hear in the first place.

Compassion that carries such assumptions is foolish and dangerous and the cause of much suffering in the world. Compassion without intelligence or wisdom isn’t compassion.

Love,

Eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?

Headlines

[un]Common Sense