Saturday, July 7, 2007

In the corner of my past...

Yesterdays [no. 3]

A case of Bacardi for the crazy ladies
in the corner of my past,
those hectic, horny days
of yesterday!

They beckon me back
to my forgotten madnesses,
those chest-pounding blackouts
that have grown into story time delights.

Sure, they often left before dawn
to test my memory
with a perfumed and pummeled pillow.

And they sprayed me with
cans of habichuelas
broken bottles,
ashtrays,
and all their sadnesses...

to leave me forever bruised and bleeding.

But they cared, these crazy ladies,

at least as much as they could…

So let’s hear it for las locas
Who gave these hilarious crimes to me
as evidence that I once lived.

They are the only poor souls I still know
who can tell me what I used to be...

and why.

-- Edward-Yemíl Rosario ©

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?

Headlines

[un]Common Sense