Tuesday, February 9, 2016

The Fellowship of the Aristocracy



Hola mi Gente,

I don’t have too many principles, but the few I honor and hold dear, I try to keep. For example, I believe in the principle of dignidad -- the principle that says all human beings have the right to live with dignity and respect for their humanity regardless of their circumstances. I also believe in respecting other people’s property. In other words, I refrain from stealing. As a human being, I also realize that I am not perfect, but I try to be as consistent as possible with certain core principles.



If I were to consistently make exceptions to these principles, what would that make me? Need a vowel, a lifeline?



This is why I cannot vote for Hillary Clinton. Principles matter and the more you compromise them the further away you move away from your right to live with dignidad. I’m posting the following brief video interview of journalist, Abby Martin, because she manages to articulate the essence of my stance on the matter:






I periodically post the following as a reminder...

* * *

 
The Occupation at Zuccotti Park

The Aristocracy


“I believe in aristocracy... Not an aristocracy of power, based upon rank and influence, but an aristocracy of the sensitive, the considerate, and the plucky. Its members are to be found in all nations and classes and all through the ages, and there is a secret understanding between them when they meet. They represent the true human tradition, the one permanent victory of our queer race over cruelty and chaos. Thousands of them perish in obscurity, a few are great names. They are sensitive for others as well as themselves, they are considerate without being fussy, their pluck is not swankiness but the power to endure, and they can take a joke.”

 -- E.M. Forster

 My name is Eddie and I’m in recovery from civilization… 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?

Headlines

[un]Common Sense