Saturday, August 20, 2016

We Have Been Screaming and Moaning



Hola mi gente,
All my poetry was written when I was in my 20s. I stopped after that, so the ones I share here are quite old. Sometimes I wonder who wrote these. LOL

Nows [no. 12]

Actor/ activist Rosario Dawson


We have been screaming and moaning
and grinding and groaning enough,
God knows.

Our prurient points have been made.
 
We are still a bit frightened here in the horizontal,  
you and I.
Connected and motionless.

So quiet now.
Soften yourself and listen.

To the symphonic pulsing of our blood,
the crash of an eyelid,
the joyous trickle of a bead of sweat.

Edward-Yemíl Rosario ©



* * *



My name is Eddie and I’m in recovery from civilization…

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?

Headlines

[un]Common Sense