Friday, September 7, 2007

Time Out

If the only prayer you say in your whole life is "thank you," that would suffice.
-- Meister Eckhart (c.1260-c.1327)

Hola Everybody,
I know I haven't as active lately, but the truth is I'm having problems writing right now. I don't have "my space" -- that space where I can sit in solitude early in the morning to meditate, reflect, and write.

Right now, my whole process is mucked up and though I try, nothing of any substance comes out. I could write blogs about not being able to write, but that would be boring and better left to my personal journal.

Another factor is the fact I've lost over two years worth of writing. Every time I sit down to write, just the thought of that loss depletes all my creative energy.

Eventually, I'll get over it, but right now it's one huge illusion -- that one BIG wave -- and it's kicking my ass.

Perhaps I will be able to adapt to a different morning ritual, perhaps not. I don't know. In the meantime, I won't be posting any new articles -- at least not with the regularity of before.

I would like to take a moment for all the people who have been so kind with their support and words of inspiration. The other day, my ex (upon hearing I had no shoes) met me after work under the pretext of a dinner, bought me three pairs. A dear friend called to offer his spare bedroom for use until I could find my own. And all this while, my sister and brother-in-law have generously offered me their home with no thought of compensation and put up with my moodiness.

Others in my support network, most of who I have been pushing away, have made a concerted effort to rally around me, in the process reminding me I don't have to do all this on my own.

The list of kindnesses and acts selfless love is too long to list here, but it only reinforces my strong belief that life is good no matter what.

I realize that I have an embarrassment of riches.

Millions of things went just right for me today before I even opened my eyes and if I choose to concentrate on the few that haven't gone well, then I am an ingrate.

Life is good...

Love,

Eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?

Headlines

[un]Common Sense