Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Turn of the Screw

Hola Everybody!
It's been hard not having computer access... LOL! Not just for here, but I haven't been writing. It's a little difficult writing in a new place where there's little solitude, so I haven't been writing at all.

But that should be the least of my worries. I've had the week from hell. When the city moved my things, they also robbed me blind. I am missing many of my things:

  • All my shoes
  • My iPods and some other electronics
  • A watch
  • Some clothes

But most of all, what cuts me the deepest, is the missing external harddrive which had all -- everything. Everything I've written for the last two years, including three unfinished short stories, all my poems -- of my writings.

Everything.

The first ma'fuccan genius who dares mention the word backup gets deleted! LOL

The only consolation, I guess is that I had password-protected all my drives. Try to figure it out too many times and hopefully it will erase itself like my friend the computer genius told me it would.

All my clothes, many of which were very expensive, were thrown haphazardly into boxes with no concern or reason. Many items were damaged as a result. My old computer had its wires yanked out and was thrown into a box -- actually flung into a box, it seems.

I figured that this episode cost me over $5,000 in money spent moving and the things I'm missing. I'm not even factoring in my time lost from work and the sleepless nights. I have to say that I'm at a point where -- well, I don't where I'm at. LOL!

To top it all off, I log into 360 this morning only to find out Nina cut her fuckin' hair!!!

Sheesh...

At least I have the financial resources to dig myself out of this hole. Moreover, the material things can always be replaced, little by little. It's the harddrive with all my work that's the hardest to let go. There was so much work, so many hours, so much blood and sweat in that harddrive.

I guess some things are harder to process than others are. I'll just write again -- and again. I'm just finding it hard to do this right now.

It seems that this is all about (aside from my procrastination) transitions and making some major changes in my life in all the areas. So, the good thing to take away from this is that I now have to take an honest look at my life's direction and where I'm headed -- begin a new journey. I've been putting this off for some time, but it's time to chart a new path, begin rebuilding. In actuality, this is a reminder that I should feel a sense of gratitude in knowing that there's a takeaway from all this -- something good.

Missed all of you and I wish you all better days than the ones I''ve been having lately LOL!

Love,

Eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?

Headlines

[un]Common Sense