Saturday, August 29, 2009

Obama's Penis and a Poem

¡Hola! Everybody...
I am at a complete loss at understanding how anyone with any measure of cognitive functioning can actually believe anything a Limbaugh or a Beck would say. This isn’t even a “left vs. right thing,” it’s a truth thing... I have lost what little confidence I ever had for neoconservatives... Apparently, the obsession now is all about Obama’s penis?! LOL Ya think maybe angry white guys are a little insecure these days?

::blank stare::

* * *

-=[ Courtesy ]=-

Danielle Pafunda (1978-)



I took a bite from the wormy part for the cur in my stomach.
My plastic, my porcelain stomach. My lover, he wore a buzzer
in the palm of his heart. A hot rod. My lover was a dry heave.
I pinned my hair for him, with a bat bone. I pinned the page
to the wall of the discount drugstore. An advertisement for tricks.

They put the broads on broad street and the clinicians above
the drugstore. The deference to the white coat and round eye
of the stethoscope. The chill in my lover's fingers was a false
negative. A falsie. I took a pint for the first five days and
a pint-point-five for the rest.

I slit my skirt. I slit the turf around my garden bed. I lay it
with torn news and vegetable scraps. I lit my tongue in the slit
of an envelope. A reverse. A recipe inside. My lover wore
chef's gloves, for fighting the eager meat. For the quick
he cut me.

(2004)

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, so it all comes down to the black snake does it?!? Why aren't I surprised?!?

    So many times I've tried to convince myself that it's not all about my good old Alabama black snake; and yet time and time again, something like this happens and I'm reminded that that's all that it's really about. But one wonders, is it really and truly about our president's penis or the fact that Limbaugh's and Beck's are so small and insignificant?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Reggie: You hit it right on the "head." there's so much history and context to this bullshit. the bottom line is that there are still huge numbers of whites with negative attitudes against blacks and people of color.

    That's a FACT.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?

Headlines

[un]Common Sense