Thursday, August 28, 2008

Summer Flings

¡Hola! Everybody…
Running very late!

* * *

-=[ Summer Loves ]=-

Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
-- Alfred Lord Tennyson

People may get todays post twisted, but I think it’s simple enough…

Most of my regular readers/ partners in crime, know I’ve been “misbehaving” all summer. Most of you know of my summer fling with the lovely lady I affectionately call my “Russian Sex Kitten.” Yes, she’s less than half my age – young even by my own perverse standards.

Truthfully, I have had my own doubts about all this – assumptions, judgments, projections. But this woman has proven me wrong repeatedly. Fact is, as young as she is, she’s a lot more mature than some women I have known twice her age. Sure, our reference points are light years apart (a constant source of laughter for both of us), but we “get” one another. All my bullshit fears and projections have been unmasked for what they are – conceit disguised as “wisdom.”

With the close of the summer season, I was worried about how to make this end. I mean, I don’t think either one of us sees this as something long-term, but we’re both affectionate, demonstrative creatures and somehow I think we’ve both managed to go beyond the walls – behind “enemy lines,” as I like to call it. And being that intimate surely leads to emotional bonding – bonding that can hurt on both sides.

After all, isn’t that what having a summer fling is all about? LOL!

There’s a new, barely noticeable tingle in the air, a harbinger of the arrival of autumn, dressed to the teeth. And with that tingle comes the gentle reminder that we must go our ways. It is meant to be that way and we both somehow sense it. That’s why it’s ironic the way things are panning out.

I figured it would be left to me to bring up the subject and that I would have to utter the stupidest words in any relationship – some bullshit like, “It’s the way things are,” or that old standby, “It would’ve never worked out.”

GAWD! I hate those clichés! LOL

That’s why I was taken by surprise. We had planned to spend some time together this weekend and the RSK brought it up first. She’s going away for the semester and, she says, so she wants to make this weekend good. The implication being, of course, that the fling is over. Which should’ve brought me some relief. Oddly enough, it had the opposite effect: her ability and emotional presence to resolve matters in such a grown-up way is such a huge turn-on. The end effect being that, yes, there’s a tinge of sadness. I think we both see it, but we take it out in an intimate clinch.

Don’t get it wrong, this is a really cool thing, that we can be together in this way, fully conscious of our emotional needs and yet still able stand together – still sharing intimacy though we know this is where the train stops.

And I wonder when was the last time I was able to do this with a woman without the requisite drama and strife. Moreover, this from a woman who has barely broken her second decade.

Amazing…

So, we’ll be together this weekend both knowing that after we will slowly fade from each other’s lives and gawd, I’m thankful for her presence this summer. All the little crimes we committed together, the trips to the sun, skinny-dipping, and moonlit shores. She tells me, in that gruff Russian accent of hers, “We will fuck much this weekend, no?” LOL!

I guess what I want to give her more than anything is my friendship. Our relationship has moved across some interesting terrain, but it always ends with us entangled on cool, crisp sheets, a cool breeze, and a kiss.

Love,

Eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?

Headlines

[un]Common Sense