Saturday, July 30, 2016

Poetry [Flowery Combat]



Hola mi gente,

I wrote this so long ago… it reads a little dated, I guess. I used an excerpt from the following poem as an epigraph to my post yesterday.

Nows [no. 1]

  
How could they possibly have known –

all those dear, dead ladies.



The masochists, the crazies,

the stalkers, hedonists,

suicides and the lost…



That they were blindly serving

one solitary purpose:

to be my basic training,

an endless apprenticeship

preparing me for your

final assault on

my frontline?



And how could I possibly have known

that all my martial arts

would fail me

against the flowers and laughter

that were your forward troops,

the outstretched heart

of your army?



-- Edward-Yemíl Rosario ©



My name is Eddie and I’m in recovery from civilization…

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?

Headlines

[un]Common Sense