Saturday, April 12, 2008

Requiem for a Psycho

¡Hola! Everybody,
As I was walking by the Brooklyn Bridge on my way home last night, there was a beautiful fog rolling in from the Atlantic. Not a wispy, barely noticeable fog, but a full-blown, dense country fog.
If you have never been passionately kissed on foggy night on the Brooklyn Bridge, then you haven’t lived…

(And no, I wasn't making out on the Bridge last night!)

I'll be gone until tonight, at which time I'll return home and be a good boy.

And now for the poem that makes them run (away! LOL)

* * *

Nows [no. 19]

Free me, lady…

from my iron spine.

I'm here
somewhere,

a kind and gentle man.

So free me

if you can.

My bent head
builds walls
and offers only

false clues.

Drag me into
the open

if you can

but know now
that I cannot
even promise
it will be
worth your while.

Edward-Yemíl Rosario ©

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?

Headlines

[un]Common Sense