Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Waiting to Inhale...

¡Hola! Everybody,
I spent all day yesterday in Albany. I got up at 4 AM and I didn’t get home until 10 PM. Yuck!
Today? A story...
* * *
Waiting to Inhale
(or Drowning in Love)

A wise woman and her student were standing by a pool chatting about longing and ambition.
“What do you want more than anything else?” the wise woman asked.
“To perfect my ability to love all of creation the way I love myself.” the young man replied.
At that very moment, the wise woman tackled the student and before he could react, shoved his head beneath the water. Accustomed to his teacher’s sometimes-unorthodox manner of instruction, he didn’t resist.
One minute went by. Then another. The student began to struggle and kick, but his teacher was strong. Finally, she released her grip and the student surfaced, struggling for breath.
“What did you want more than anything else during these last few minutes?” the wise woman asked.
“Nothing else was in my mind except the desire for air,” the student managed to gasp.
“Excellent!” beamed the wise woman. “As soon as you are equally single-minded in your desire to perfect your ability to love all of creation in the very manner in which you love yourself, you will achieve your goal.”
Love,
Eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?

Headlines

[un]Common Sense