Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Willful Ignorance and Social Failure

¡Hola! Everybody…
It never fails: whenever I expose (and belittle) a bully, I get several PMs uncovering a pattern of abusive behavior. Our weight-challenged friend, Polo, is no different. It seems he can’t handle rejection well. When rejected he resorts to cyber stalking, abusive language, gossip mongering, and character assassination. He’s done this with Amy as well other women who have communicated with me privately. I find it hard to believe that any woman that defends this kind of behavior and/ or individual possesses any kind of self-respect.

I would say that you have to be pretty much hard up to come this illiterate fool’s defense. Which brings me to today’s rant…

* * *

-=[ Adult Literacy & Failure ]=-

“The most violent element in society is ignorance.”
-- Emma Goldman

***

“I’ll tell you like this ,___"s face mouth became New Africa along time ,so watch font!!!!!Thank You”
-- Polo, Adult Male

“YOU NEED TO TELL THAT BIG EARED BITCH TO KEEP HIS FUCKIN NAME OUT HER MOUTH WHEN SHE TELLS HER LITTLE RIDE TO ALL HER LITTLE PUSSY RIDIN BITCHES!!!! MAYBE THIS SHIT WOULD HAVE BEEN OVER WITH IF SHE D QUIT TELLIN HER DUMB ASS STORIES....THE BITCH SUCKED HIS DICK FOR YEARS, LOVED HIS DICK FOR YEARS, AND NOW IS MINIMALIZING THE RELATIONSHIP TO KEEP YOU POWDER PUFF HOOLIGANS MESMERIZED BY HER FLYING TRICKS. EVERYONE THAT CHATS KNOWS WHAT IT USED TO BE. SHE WAS THE BIG EARED BITCH BRAGGING ABOUT HOW WELL POLO FUCKED HER. RUN TELL THAT!!!! GET YOUR CAPE OFF YOU WILL NEVER SNIFF THAT CHICKS PUSSY. THIS IS WHAT YOU WANTED FAST EDDIE THE SUPER FRUITY YAHOO 360 DON? ALRIGHT THEN, WE CAN DO THIS!!!!! TOUCHE EL HOMO....TOUCHE!!!!!”
-- “Big Head Chrys,” 32-year-old Female

Okay, I’m not reposting the above to belittle these two individuals. I actually believe illiteracy to be a serious issue. And contrary to a friend’s objection, pointing out a truth doesn’t equal being mean. If you show your ass and I point it out, how is that mean? Moreover, if you consider my demands for honesty and trust a “condition” of my love, then so be it. I’ve heard worse.

The two “writing samples” above are indicative of what’s rotten in our society today. The first sample, posted to my quick comments – well, I don’t even know where to begin with that one. While I can fathom the gist of his twisted message, in actuality, it makes no sense at all. Language is the one human instinct, and if you do not possess any measure of mastery over one of the most important tools, then you’re lost.

You have doomed yourself to a life of darkness, self-loathing, and failure.

I understand perfectly why Polo engages in abusive ‘net behavior. He has no sense of self-esteem. How could he? He can’t even defend himself from me because he doesn’t have the ability to construct a complete sentence. Hence, his thought process is scrambled and his ability to navigate the world severely hampered. Again, I’m not poking fun at his ignorance; I’m pointing it out because it’s tragic. It’s tragic that a grown man, living in the richest, most powerful nation in the history of humankind is an illiterate.

A grown, 32-year-old woman wrote the second sample, sent to me via the 360 mailbox (PM). One thing that really gets me (aside from people who type in CAPS. LOL) is when an individual, obviously lacking the vocabulary skills, attempts to use unfamiliar language structure. While the sample I’ve offered may not seem as illiterate as Polo’s (I would be hard put to find anything worse than his), it’s chock full of grammatical and structural errors (i.e., run-on sentences, partially formed ideas, “chicks” instead of the possessive “chick’s,” etc.). I would be embarrassed to offer such writing in public. This woman actually reposted the above sample in the comments section of my blog yesterday. She’s actually proud of authoring that piece. Let’s put aside the obvious psychological issues (lack of self-esteem, self-loathing, irrational anger, etc.) for a moment and just look at her writing and message. Again, you can pick up on the gist of her message (hatred), but her thought process is scrambled, her struggle with coherence is almost palpable.

Both individuals sound and act ignorantly. It was the same when I confronted Bryson. He used to brag that he was peddling a screenplay to DreamWorks, but he couldn’t write a proper sentence. Am I mean for pointing this out?

However, these alleged adults have made conscious choices to remain ignorant and barely literate. That’s on them. What concerns me, and what I hope you think about, is this: if they write and speak in this manner, then what about their children? I would be hard put to believe any woman would have a child from Polo, but, as you can see from Chrys’ writing, there are some dim bulbs out there. You never know. Moreover, Chrys is 32 years-old and if she's raising, for example, a daughter, then how well can that child be doing in school? What are the chances of her success and what are the messages she’s absorbing regarding womanhood and sexuality if her mother spends her time on the ‘net viciously defending the actions of an abusive, obese, and illiterate bully?

Let me be clear, our children are being failed by their parents and by the adults in this society. Our children are being failed by society – by social policy decisions that minimize and undercut the importance of education. If we were to spend even a fraction of what we spend stockpiling WMDs and bombing backward countries, we would be a nation of geniuses. And let me tell you: other industrialized nations know this and make huge sacrifices to ensure their children get the best education possible. No one likes to pay taxes. But you won’t hear of people in Sweden, for example, closing down a school because they didn’t want to pay taxes. They make the sacrifices and act in unison as a society to ensure their children get the best education possible.

We do the opposite

Then we look at the failure of education in this country and do you know who we blame? We blame the very children we have failed.

The Chrys’ and Polos’ of this society undercut our value. They have chosen to remain willfully ignorant. At the same time, they have also sentenced their children to a life of mental and financial poverty.

That’s the tragedy…

Love,

Eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?

Headlines

[un]Common Sense