Saturday, September 3, 2016

Prelude to a Kiss



Hola mi gente,
If you can please donate to my campaign… here. Thanks.



Enjoy the holiday weekend, the ending of that summer fling that brings back the changing winds of autumn at the precise moment when you most need change.

Prelude to a Kiss



Closing my eyes,

seeing you,

picturing your moonlit face,

barely traceable down on your face.



Lifting my finger to that

dust of hair on your cheek,

ruffling it against the grain of the light

until it’s a silvery powder.



Bringing my face to yours,

our mouths aligning,

but not yet kissing.



Somehow staving off

that gnawing hunger.



Our lips grazing, adjusting,

making the slightest calibrations

of angle and shape

as if we were whispering

into each other’s breaths.



Both of us straining

against an uncontrolled desire

to create our first kiss.



A kiss I know I have been waiting

for longer than my tired eyes

could ever tell you,

to make as close

to perfect

as

possible.



-- Edward-YemĂ­l Rosario © 2008



* * *



My name is Eddie and I’m in recovery from civilization…



Tags: Poetry -- Original Works, Poems, Creative Writing,

Excerpt: The end of that summer fling a foretelling of the changing winds of autumn at the precise moment when you most need change.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?

Headlines

[un]Common Sense