Saturday, September 17, 2016

They blamed me for their headaches



Hola everybody,
So! Moving on I will be concentrating on writing on my area of “expertise” -- the prison-industrial complex (PIC). 


If you want to support my writing and advocacy, you can do so by clicking HERE. No amount is too small and it’s for a good purpose. Plus I have it on good authority that you get karma points. J

I was watching Democracy Now yesterday and came across the following two pieces about Story Corps. The first piece reminded me that the heart of abolitionist work is the struggle to create a society that is not dependent on the violence of racialized social control; it’s about building, not tearing down. The second piece made me cry. Check it out:




Today I offer a poem I wrote many, many years ago.

Yesterdays No. 6



They blamed me for their headaches,
the noisy toilet,
their growing insanity
and broken fingernails.


But I did them one better
in time, and
they blamed me for deserting them
in favor of a taller, thinner
and happier woman.


And that
is a blame even they
can cherish forever.


* * *


My name is Eddie and I’m in recovery from civilization…

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?

Headlines

[un]Common Sense