Tuesday, September 27, 2016

The Evil of Two Lessers


Hola mi gente,
One of the proudest moments in my professional life was being recognized in 2012 by my peers for my advocacy work. As many who read me know, Citizens against Recidivism will be holding their annual awards dinner Saturday, October 22 at The Malcolm X & Dr. Betty Shabazz Center.



I would like to give a shout out to this year’s honorees:


Donna Hylton & Laura Whitehorn

Johnny Perez & Dinah Ortiz

Andre Ward

Darryl Johnson

Michael Pass


If you’re going, consider purchasing the tickets from yours truly. I will hand deliver the tickets wherever you want if you buy them from me (cash only). Drop me a line and let me know.

The Evil of Two Lessers

Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom.
 -- Marilyn Ferguson




No, I didn’t watch last night’s debate because I refuse to support corporations that stand to make profits while they make a mockery of our electoral process. Period.



It’s really hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that this was one of the most watched debates in the history of POTUS campaigns. 


It’s as if the US electorate was looking forward to an honest, enlightened and enlightening discussion of the important crises of our time, and how best to resolve them, by two dedicated public servants with a desire to help others and save the world, each of whom will use their best understanding of the actual facts and logical argument to persuade the electorate that they have the most compelling plan to achieve their vision of the future, as well as clearly explaining why their vision of the future is something we should all look forward to achieving.


There are many reasons why I will not be voting for Hillary Clinton. I’ll put it this way: What we fear from Trump, we have already seen from Hillary Clinton. I will expand on this in the comings days, but just know that eight years of Hillary would be a disaster.


I will I will be supporting and voting for Jill Stein and other genuinely progressive candidates, and I hope you will consider a similar strategy. I will say this much: the prevailing narrative, masquerading as “sensible” or “adult,” of the lesser of two evils, is the opiate of the masses. Hillary will be a horrible candidate who will continue the same policies that redistribute wealth upwards and advocate for endless war. If you believe otherwise, please contact my people. I have a bridge for sale.


My name is Eddie and I’m in recovery from civilization… 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?

Headlines

[un]Common Sense