Saturday, April 25, 2009

Spring...

¡Hola! Everybody...
Springtime is one of the best times of the year to be in The Center of the Known Universe. There’s so much to do and see, that even if you stayed home you can almost feel guilty at the wealth of cultural riches this city offers. The festivals, the free concerts, the museums... even a trip through the bowels of this great city yields unexpected pleasures:


LOL! Today, it will be lower Central Park. Have a great day, people!

* * *

Now [no. 15]


If I could
I would guarantee you
bright sunny days
and soft, dry breezes
for all your Summers.

If I could
I would give you
clear, cold days
and clean snow
for the Winters you love.

And if I could
I would give you Autumn,
dressed to the teeth
at that precious moment
when you most need change.

But if I want you
to remember me
as I will always remember you,
I will send you
naked,
unadorned...

Spring.

-- Edward-Yemil Rosario ©

5 comments:

  1. I'm feelin' that Poem. It was HOT.

    Oh, and Regarding that video: I KNEW there was a reason why I loathed the Subway with a PASSION. Crazy folks like THAT. But then again, I see them on the street..so, I'm used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! For me, it's what makes the city unique...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Homie. Nut Cases make the word go round. Gotta love em'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so that's you on the subway...right lol

    nice poem pootoh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your poem.
    As for the dancing subway dude...he seriously could use some pole dancing lessons.
    Enjoy spring!
    SPQ

    ReplyDelete

What say you?

Headlines

[un]Common Sense