Friday, July 3, 2009

The TGIF Sex Blog [Sexual Energy]

¡Hola! Everybody...
I find interesting that I am sooo not in a good mood right now. Due to a certain situation, my plans to go on a spiritual retreat this weekend -- planned months ago -- have been nixed.

* * *

-=[ Sexual Energy ]=-


As a man I was born with an erection and I will die with an erection. In the time that intervenes, I can learn to use that sexual energy for transformation. For a while now, I have been practicing tantra, a vast system of methods that are natural, life-affirming, and joyful. In tantra, every act becomes part of spiritual practice. Tantra is sexuality in a spiritual context.

Many spiritual paths and Western culture in general have a deeply embedded notion that sexuality is evil and debased. They teach you must choose between “God and the flesh.” What I find inherently contradictory is that they forget their God is in the flesh and is to be found there for full realization. You don’t have to choose -- God is sexual pleasure, used correctly. Tantric practices, forced to go underground for hundreds of years by religions, moralists, and the like, are beginning to come to the mainstream as a vital and joyful means toward spiritual evolution.

Along with the surfacing of Tantra, there is also much misunderstanding. Tantra is not a license for sexual manipulation or abandon. The practice requires a large amount of discipline. The systems of Tantra use the most powerful energy we know -- sexual energy -- to explore spiritual territories. The ancient masters discovered that prolonged sexual union produced a heightened sensitivity to the energy fields of the lovers. Rather than turning away from everyday life, tantric practitioners engage the physical dimension completely. Even my “negative” mood right now is material for my spiritual growth, for example. In mastering their awareness at this level, tantric practitioners can expand their awareness to the next level and follow that path to higher stages of human realization.

It takes a certain amount of courage and dedication to be tantric in your view of sexuality. Our culture is profoundly confused and conflicted about sexuality. On the one hand, there is the cultural pressure inhibiting sexual expression. The problem is that you can never free yourself from sex by repressing it. If you doubt me, ask the closest neocon. Trying to avoid sex creates an obsession. Unexpressed sexual energy turns into neurosis and violence. We are enslaved by our sexuality, and yet not permitted to enjoy it, so hunger that can never be satisfied is created.

Conversely, sex is thrown in your face in every magazine, movie, TV, billboard, etc. Gross sexuality is rampant in our culture. Yet there is little support for the idea that sexuality is essentially an expression of love which is sacred -- all of it is sacred, not just the parts you want to tease out.

You hear people say all the time, “I am angry,” or “I am sad,” yet you almost never hear anyone say, “I am love,” though love is the very essence of you -- of all of us. Historically, civilization has forbidden the expression of love by condemning sexuality. Our postmodern world ignores love while exploiting sexuality in order to get us to buy things. As a tantric practitioner you must break away from the mold and defy moral conventions, for sex is one means by which we can come to know love.

Love is sex energy transformed.

You can come to realize the fundamental truth of love by experiencing the sacredness of sex and learning to worship through the senses, through the flesh. The more accepting you are of sex, the more free of it you become.

A word of caution: tantric practices are extremely powerful and used with the intention to manipulate or control can cause much harm. I addition, these practices will uncover unresolved issues. Phobias, neuroses, resentments, and embarrassments, along with other psychological factors will come to the fore in tantric practice. While extremely effective, this is not a practice one should take lightly.

Love,

Eddie

4 comments:

  1. Okay, I admit that I stopped by when I say the naked woman in my feed. But I'm glad I came. Sorry, I'm glad I stopped by.

    My grandmother used to lecture me about the dangers of sleeping around. Her rationale was that each time you lie down with a woman you lose some of your power. And each time you reach climax, you lose some of your strength.

    If I may make the necessary extrapolations between your position and my grandmother's position, we can see how similar they are. Basically, there is a certain spirituality present in the act of sex that should not be taken for granted.

    There is so much more to sex than that final release, but most people are still stuck on that plane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. max: Glad you liked my friend... LOL

    Your grandmother gave you wise advice. a major point in tantra is to learn how to manipulate sexual energy so you're wasting it. As men we want release, but ultimately that release is never satisfactory -- not in the long run. thanks for coming -- I mean -- stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Conversely, sex is thrown in your face in every magazine, movie, TV, billboard, etc. Gross sexuality is rampant in our culture. Yet there is little support for the idea that sexuality is essentially an expression of love which is sacred -- all of it is sacred, not just the parts you want to tease out."

    Exactly! Peddling sex in our country focuses on something that is far,far away from the true spiritual potential that can be unlocked from this gift of life.

    SPQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. @SweetP: so true. Whether anyone agrees with my sexual views or not, they have to concede to the point you make here: we exploit and debase sex ourselves.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?

Headlines

[un]Common Sense