Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Unreasonable Happiness

¡Hola! Everybody...
It’s getting hard to concentrate and I am still looking for my summer fling!

* * *


-=[ The Brass Ring ]=-

The only thing I regret about my past is the length of it. If I had to live my life again, I'd make all the same mistakes -- only sooner.
-- Tallulah Bankhead


I love that the majority of the people on my list share a wicked sense of humor. With the exception of one or two who occasionally get their panties in a wad, most of you indulge my warped sense of humor and need for connection. I find those who don’t have the ability to laugh at themselves and this whole Cosmic Joke we call life, are seriously fragmented people and I tend to stay away from such people.

I am 54 years-old, but I am young at heart -- adventurous, and a tad unconventional. I love to laugh and I am a man of many different tastes, comfortable in a wide range of situations; but if you want to characterize as juvenile my fondness for riding on carousels, laughing in the rain, or smiling recklessly, then do so. That’s your prerogative. However, don’t mistake my lust for life, nor my smile: I have seen far more than even my tired eyes could ever tell you.

If you think me insane, then leave! Just remember to close my door quietly and take with you that ultimate prize, the last word. But don’t go away mad, just go... LOL!

All men are needy, ladies, at least those honest enough to own up to it; and that neediness is exactly what turns women off. Ya’ll want men who will give unconditionally without needing to be praised or recognized for it. The thing is that in order for us men to get in touch with ourselves, we first need to be able look honestly at our needs and articulate them. And therein lies the paradox.

Nevertheless, I have made a commitment to give, period. No qualifications. I am reckless that way. I am not foolish, but I refuse to live in fear of a broken heart -- it’s already been broken, several times. I live my life trying to be as transparent as possible and really, people: how many work at that -- truly work at it?

In terms of chronological age, I think some are mistaken: there’s a threshold when it comes to age and it doesn’t necessarily equate to wisdom or even a pleasant disposition. In fact (girds loins), I’ll go out on a limb and state flat out that it’s been my experience that women (and men!) my age carry more baggage, more unresolved trauma, and are not necessarily all the wiser for it.

As some of you may know, I have dated women much younger than I myself, but that doesn’t mean they lacked substance, intelligence, and wit. For the most part, the women in my life possessed all these qualities in spades, and, more importantly, they were nice to me, to boot. That’s a huge thing in my book, being pleasant and nice -- it says a lot about a person’s character and attitudinal orientation. This quality is not dependent on age. In fact, this quality is often the first victim of the vicissitudes of life.

I just want to thank all the women and men on my list for being the way you are, this very moment, and for giving these hilarious times to me. When we’re old and feeble, poosies dragging, dicks limp, what will have mattered?

… really mattered?

I’ll tell you what matters: it’s the smile on your face, the way you hold your head when you laugh, the times you ran around in the rain like a fool, the glint in your eye, and worse, all those foolish chances of the heart. In short, what will have mattered most when the tally is counted are the spurts of unreasonable laughter you dared steal. Thanks for joining me, even if a while, in my quest to be unreasonably happy, poking fun at you and myself and laughing together.

You guys are a “special” group!

Love,

Eddie

10 comments:

  1. you're so sweet. that's why I come back. Cause you're nice to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really Liked reading this,Eddie!! Ur Awesome!! Luv,Ty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Darlin...and I do so enjoy your immaturity!!!MWAH!

    "Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese." Billie Burke
    SPQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like nice people
    i wish i knew some ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ms. Spence: I try, sometimes I can be a meanie though LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for loving my immaturity. I have worked VERY hard to maintain that level of "juvenility"! LOL

    @SweetP: Thanks for always seeming to get the gist of my ramblings and for adding to it. I trulyy appreciate your thoughtful, intelligent comments. I don't say that often, but in this case it's true.

    @Rippa: I read your comment wrong the 1st time. I thought you were blog_ proposing to me! LOL I've been real lazy lately on the political tip, but I have a few bombs coming next week!

    @Nina: You know you like it ruff! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahhhhhhhh, That was so sweet of you, and much appreciated! However I am not looking forward for my poosy dragging ... Hell NO!!! I already booked my plastic surgeon for the year 2049, cus i think mine will still be up then LMAO!!!! and although Joel refuses... I told him that I will do an "injerto" en su pipi and install "la bombita" when the time comes... :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very young. In fact, today is the 29th anniversary of my 18th birthday (or is that the 18th anniversary of my 29th birthday? I really don't know because I'm not so good with numbers) and I think I'm still young enough not to have to die alone and unloved by a man ever again.

    Right? Right...?

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S.

    I absolutely ADORE that motivational poster!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Aramink: Belated birthday wishes! I didn't see this. I'm not online as much these days.

    Hope you had an enjoyable birthday.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?

Headlines

[un]Common Sense