Saturday, December 17, 2016

Flowery Combat



Hola mi gente,
I wrote this so long ago… it reads a little dated, I guess. Some of this finds its way into my short stories.

On another note, my good brother in the struggle, Patrick, is currently fighting to save his eyesight. Because we live in a society that values the market more than his eyes, he's had to open up a GoFundMe page so he could afford an operation that can save his eyesight.

Please consider helping him click here

Nows [no. 1]



How could they possibly have known --
all those dear, dead ladies.
The masochists, the crazies,
the stalkers, hedonists,
suicides and the lost… 

That they were blindly serving
one solitary purpose:
to be my basic training,
an endless apprenticeship
preparing me for your
final assault on
my frontline?

And how could I possibly have known
that all my martial arts
would fail me
against the flowers and laughter
that were your forward troops,
the outstretched heart
of your army?

My name is Eddie and I’m in recovery from civilization… 


Thanks for reading. If you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it, please consider helping me out by sharing it, liking me on Facebook, following me on Twitter, or even throwing me some money on GoFundMe HERE or via PayPal HERE so I can keep calling it like I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?

Headlines

[un]Common Sense