Saturday, December 10, 2016

You are fighting me...



Hola everybody,
The following is from a series of poems I wrote when I was a very young man.

Nows [no. 2]



You're fighting me I find,
and you will fight me all the way
to that painful
instant of surrender
we can both already sense.

You will fight
my text messages
my emails
my presents
and my midnight calls.

You will fight
the endless affections of my tongue
and I will ignore
your enormous eyes
and your unbearable smile.

I can buy you
jewelry,
airplane tickets,
roses,
dinners in San Juan,
and clothes you must learn to
love yourself to wear
and still you will fight me.

Because I have taken away
your practiced old
game of giving,
and made of you
an honest trader again.

* * *

My name is Eddie and I’m in recovery from civilization…

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?

Headlines

[un]Common Sense