Saturday, January 30, 2016

Awakening



Hola mi Gente,
I am going to do something affirming today. After venturing into the belly of the beast of the criminal injustice system (prisons), I need to do something to wash off the psychic toxins.

The following is one of mine… 

* * *


Nows [XVIV]


Your sleep:
I have watched you wake --
a spectacle,
a spontaneous vision of honesty.

Your long legs
yawn open
and your arms reach out
for a missing star.

You are reluctant,
deserting your dream,
surrendering to the pink wound
of a new day.

And you reach out for me,
silently, without a plan,
and it is enough.

Your touching me
will always be enough.

It says what no poem
will ever say,
what no words could ever tell me.

 
My name is Eddie and I'm in recovery from civilization... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?

Headlines

[un]Common Sense