Sunday, May 1, 2016

Sunday Sermon [Sex, Ego and God]



Hola mi Gente,

For some time now I have ignored my real-life intimate relationships. It’s been a conscious decision, there’s much transition going on in my life right about now, but I’ve noticed a re-awakening lately. That urge to be intimate with someone, to sleep entwined, to share intimacy, to listen to the “symphonic pulsing” of two hearts beating as one.



Nah, just kidding! LOL

On another note, I am still accepting donations for my campaign (click here)

* * *

Yab Yum

Sex, Ego & God

… It is a feeble reach
for the rational,
some tiny piece of evidence
that proves we are

still alive…

 -- Edward-Yemíl Rosario, Yesterdays/ Nows ©




When we are relating to the things and people around us with care, compassion, and consideration, we radiate the love and joy of our Higher Power as we understand it. When we are not coping in that manner, our consciousness of our Higher Power, which for me is love -- the ever-present energy of the Universal Principle -- will be blocked. I'm here to say today that there are times when I do not embody such caring, but I am trying.


To get off tangent for a moment, I know of at least one woman who probably doesn’t like me too much these days and most likely would rather not hear from me – ever. I said at least one, but there are most likely more. The irony is this: until we can undo the karmic entanglement we have created together, we will be forever linked. Therefore, the point is that if you want to be rid of me, then you’ll have to love me first. LOL!


I laugh, but I’m serious -- but I digress… 


By not caring or being inconsiderate, we create an environment equal to that of a psychological pig sty. Being mired in that sty of negativity, or being inconsiderate, often means casting judgments on others. Anyone who’s ever been in a committed relationship will agree that this can be clearly evident as an expression we have sometimes taken to bed.


Part of intimacy in bed, aside from sexual intercourse, is sleeping together, something people often take for granted. In actuality, sleeping together is an extremely intimate, trusting experience, although we have all at one time or another abused that intimate comfort.


How many times have you been in bed, irate because you knew the person next to you was “wrong” but wouldn’t admit it? What did that get you except righteous indignation, as you kept this intimacy with a bad taste in your mouth, or a tense stomach? The fact is you could have bypassed that righteous indignation.


Your response might be: “I tried. I mean, if she would only admit she was wrong, everything would be fine.” To that, I will only say that I’m not talking about trying in that way. That’s just adding to the drama, or perpetuating the conflict.


Or another response be, “If only he’d stop being such an arrogant asshole, I might let him in.” To that I would say that’s not letting anyone “in”; that’s merely allowing them out of the judgment jail you put them in the first place.


There are other ways, if you’re willing to put aside the petty demands of our ego. When you’re lying there with your lover in bed, for example, you might opt instead to give them a light massage and as you’re doing that saying, “I don’t like being separate from you. I don’t care anymore about right and wrong. All I know is that I want to be with you and to care for you, and for you to forgive me.”


You might rightfully protest that why should you be the one to forgive, if you were the wronged or injured party. Another person might say, “Give Eddie a massage?!! After what that psycho ma’fucca said to me?” My response to that attitude is that the best thing you can probably do is send the ego packing.


I will say this: be careful about sticking to your guns because you might then find yourself locked into playing the role of gunslinger for the rest of your life. And believe me, once you get with the way of the gun, there will always be another relationship around the corner for you to gun down or to gun you down at the not-so-OK Corral. I’m just sayin’!


If you desire to be with someone in warm, loving, caring, caressing support, I suggest you get rid of narrowly-centered way of the ego, and opt instead for that tender moment.


My name is Eddie and I’m in recovery for civilization…

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?

Headlines

[un]Common Sense