Saturday, March 13, 2010

Embrace

¡Hola! Everybody...
I have an overactive imagination. Whatever the case, I was inspired to work on the following... it’s still not finished. I guess I need to do the “field research.” LOL

* * *

-=[ The Caress ]=-


She felt like everything
good and wholesome...

The first warm breeze of spring,
the cool taste of iced lemonade
at the end of a summer's day,
days of sun and sand,
inky-black night beaches.

Like autumn tinged
with the new scent of change,
the first snowball fight
when you're a kid.

Her body was soft,
full of promise and
her heart felt
like a caged bird
fluttering against my chest.

The juncture of her neck,
the faint intoxicating
trace of shampoo
mixed with her essence,
breathed in as prana,
the downy hair
tickling my nostrils.

-- Edward-Yemíl Rosario ©

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?

Headlines

[un]Common Sense